It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:30 am  

question for the fit people... 
AuthorMessage
The Queen of Poo

Post Re: question for the fit people...
5'7. 53kg. Body fat is about 14%.

No, it's not from a health problem, and no, I don't starve myself.

Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:35 pm
Site Admin

Highscores: 9
Winnie's a punk wrote:

14% is at the lower end of acceptable athletic BF %... theres no problem there. Now drop down into the single digits and I might have to come force feed you pizza for a while but theres nothing wrong with where you are, especially for your age.

Listen here sonny, there aint no disaster.
There aint no shame in bein' beaten by a master!
~ Johnny Lang - Rack 'em up

Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:44 pm
Profile   Personal Album
The Queen of Poo

Bigmikey wrote:
Winnie's a punk wrote:

14% is at the lower end of acceptable athletic BF %... theres no problem there. Now drop down into the single digits and I might have to come force feed you pizza for a while but theres nothing wrong with where you are, especially for your age.

Lol, people bug me about it all the motherfucking time. Usually girls or women who have issues about their own weight.

It drives me crazy. I was actually forbidden to lift *plastic chairs* in high school because my teacher assumed that I was too weak and would hurt myself. No, not shitting ya, she actually said that.

And people wonder why I have a raging Napoleoness complex...

fork you, adrenal glands. Make some more testosterone.

Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:53 pm
Site Admin

Winnie's a punk wrote:

YEAH!!! What SHE said! :rant: :anger:

I lol'd at not being allowed to lift plastic chairs. I dont know you all that well but somehow I have a feeling it would be rather difficult to tell you that you can't do something ... call it a hunch :D

Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:58 pm
Profile   Personal Album
The Queen of Poo

Bigmikey wrote:
Winnie's a punk wrote:

Uh...Was that supposed to be innuendo..?

Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:02 pm
Site Admin

Winnie's a punk wrote:
Bigmikey wrote:

No, I was just backin you up and telling your adrenal glands to make more testosterone... stupid adrenal glands!!

Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:03 pm
Profile   Personal Album
The Queen of Poo

Bigmikey wrote:
Winnie's a punk wrote:

No, I was just backin you up and telling your adrenal glands to make more testosterone... stupid adrenal glands!!

Hahaha! I like you. *shares newborn baby smoothie*

Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:05 pm
Site Admin

Winnie's a punk wrote:
Bigmikey wrote:

Hahaha! I like you. *shares newborn baby smoothie*

YAY!!! :yay: :lalala: :smooch:

Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:07 pm
Profile   Personal Album
Founder

I'm 5'4" and 187 and i'm considered obese. My (previous) doctor told me to stop lifting heavy weights and start running and gave me the third degree about bodybuilding.

that's why he is my previous doctor.

Anyway, the BMI is a general antiquated guidline that probably would have been acceptable about 30 years ago when obesity wasn't really an issue. I don't even bother with it now. I go by bf% and the way i look.

Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:50 am

Thanks Hawk.

Anyone point me in the direction of the best/most accurate way/place to get my BF% taken?

I'm not a member of a gym and have no plans to join one.

Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:38 am
Site Admin

I am a Banana wrote:
Thanks Hawk.

Anyone point me in the direction of the best/most accurate way/place to get my BF% taken?

Often times if you contact a local gym, speak to a personal trainer and explain you simply need your BF% taken for whatever reason (I always say its for insurance purposes and I can't get to my doctor fast enough), they'll do it for you. Most times at little or no charge since it takes only moments.

Electrical impedence will be the most readily available method because its fastest but its also the least accurate. Still, its effective for establishing a guideline. On average I'd guess electrical imp. is +/_ 3-5% meaning if you get a reading of 15% BF you might actually be as high as 20%...

Taping is next on the list of accuracy and is done via the use of several measurements made at key body points and some fancy mathematics.

Calipers are a step above taping in terms of accuracy provided the user knows what the hell they're doing.

The king-daddy in terms of accuracy however is a dunk test. Water displacement has the most accurate readings available. Essentially they submerge you into a tank of water and guage how much water is diplaced. The more water, the leaner you are as fat floats and lean mass sinks. When I'm in a pool, if i'm not paddling my ass off I sink like a freakin stone.

If you choose to get a water displacement test done you can contact your insurance company or your doctor for starters. Sports therapy places can also point you in the right direction.

Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:46 am
Profile   Personal Album
Global Moderator

Quote:
The more water, the leaner you are as fat floats and lean mass sinks. When I'm in a pool, if i'm not paddling my ass off I sink like a freakin stone.

I am less likely to drown so! :rasberry:

Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:12 am
Profile   Personal Album

Thanks man. I got the cslipers once about 6 or 7 years ago.

Friend of mine at the time... an inch taller, 21lbs lighter. His BF% was 25 and mocked me cos I was getting mine soon after. He was dusgusted to hear mine was 21% :D too ignorant too understand why and too stupid to learn how.

Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:37 am
The Queen of Poo

Bigmikey wrote:
I am a Banana wrote:
Thanks Hawk.

Often times if you contact a local gym, speak to a personal trainer and explain you simply need your BF% taken for whatever reason (I always say its for insurance purposes and I can't get to my doctor fast enough), they'll do it for you. Most times at little or no charge since it takes only moments.

Electrical impedence will be the most readily available method because its fastest but its also the least accurate. Still, its effective for establishing a guideline. On average I'd guess electrical imp. is +/_ 3-5% meaning if you get a reading of 15% BF you might actually be as high as 20%...

Taping is next on the list of accuracy and is done via the use of several measurements made at key body points and some fancy mathematics.

Calipers are a step above taping in terms of accuracy provided the user knows what the hell they're doing.

The king-daddy in terms of accuracy however is a dunk test. Water displacement has the most accurate readings available. Essentially they submerge you into a tank of water and guage how much water is diplaced. The more water, the leaner you are as fat floats and lean mass sinks. When I'm in a pool, if i'm not paddling my ass off I sink like a freakin stone.

If you choose to get a water displacement test done you can contact your insurance company or your doctor for starters. Sports therapy places can also point you in the right direction.

Ohhh so that's why I go under in the sea if I'm not thrashing like fork.

My mom always says 'your boobs should keep you up'....Nope.

Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:54 pm
Site Admin

Winnie's a punk wrote:
Bigmikey wrote:

Ohhh so that's why I go under in the sea if I'm not thrashing like fork.

My mom always says 'your boobs should keep you up'....Nope.

Maybe if you're dolly friggin parton! You're WAY too lean NOT to have thrash about like you have an electric eel in your drawers to stay afloat.

Which is hot, just for the record, lol... never let ANYONE tell you it isn't. You just need to hang out in crowds that appreciate you. I know female fitness competitors that would KILL to have your build. No joke.

Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:58 pm
Profile   Personal Album