It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:11 pm  

Anger Issues 
AuthorMessage

Post Anger Issues
About a month ago I noticed I was starting to anger more easily than before. Personally, this bothers me as I've always been a fairly laid back kinda guy. Reading back through my training journal, I noticed that I started experimenting with creatine at about the same time as all this started. I'm pretty sure I've read elsewhere that other people have had similar problems too, probably due to it's anabolic effect.

Last night, for example, I had difficulty controlling myself when some kid pushed in front of me in the bus queue. Fortunately I was able to bite my tongue and didn't do or say anything, but I was worried by the strength of my anger nonetheless. Obviously, this is something I need to address before it gets out of hand.

Other than giving up creatine, does anybody have any advice on how I might deal with this? Let me know if you've had similar problems with creatine and anger, and how you've overcome them.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:24 am
The Guru of Guruness

Highscores: 6
Post Re: Anger Issues
What is your goal? Are you looking to capitalise on past successes with this?

Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:31 am
Profile Visit website
Site Admin

Highscores: 9
Creatine DID make me a bit edgy but I attributed that to the fact it also constipated the HELL outa me, lol.

I've had issues with anger and from time to time they reemerge - usually related to some nonsense online, lol, and I've come to realize for me it has to do with control. Typically when someone does something to me which I feel is unjust or says things I feel are incorrect I find myself wanting to right these wrongs, lol.

I'd say I'm 80% successful at either talking it through or simply letting it go by telling myself the work it takes to address the issue isnt worth the result which wont truly do anything but cause more trouble.

For example, the guy who cut in front of you in the bus line. Lets look at how that could have played out in any way that wouldnt have been negative? You say something to him, he turns out to be a skilled martial artist (just sayin, sometimes you can't tell), and the following altercation leaves you with a bloody lip and now you MISS your bus all together. Lets say you say something and he smart mouths you. What then? Do you drop it at THAT point and lose face or do you step up and clobber him in which case maybe you two can share a cab after they release you from the police station.... see where I'm going?

Its taken a lot of effort but I've managed to control my real world anger fairly well by thinking that way. On line, thats a different story. as much as I try I still find that obstinance and narrow minded know-it-alls can piss me off to no foreseeable end.... so that one I'm still working on, lol.

Listen here sonny, there aint no disaster.
There aint no shame in bein' beaten by a master!
~ Johnny Lang - Rack 'em up

Ash nazg durbatul√Ľk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatul√Ľk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:18 am
Profile   Personal Album

I was hoping this would get more replies, but oh well. :D

CosmicFish wrote:
About a month ago I noticed I was starting to anger more easily than before. Personally, this bothers me as I've always been a fairly laid back kinda guy. Reading back through my training journal, I noticed that I started experimenting with creatine at about the same time as all this started. I'm pretty sure I've read elsewhere that other people have had similar problems too, probably due to it's anabolic effect.

Last night, for example, I had difficulty controlling myself when some kid pushed in front of me in the bus queue. Fortunately I was able to bite my tongue and didn't do or say anything, but I was worried by the strength of my anger nonetheless. Obviously, this is something I need to address before it gets out of hand.

Other than giving up creatine, does anybody have any advice on how I might deal with this? Let me know if you've had similar problems with creatine and anger, and how you've overcome them.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:10 pm

Did you notice any other escalation with any other emotions or just the anger?

Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:38 am
Site Admin

More dickish than funny but since I didn't fall for it, permit me to point and call upon the annoying laugh of that Nelson kid from The Simpsons.

Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:52 am
The Queen of Poo

Remind me to never take creatine. I'm plenty ragey enough without that shit...

Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:06 pm