It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:05 pm  

I blew up! 
AuthorMessage
Global Moderator

Post I blew up!
Had such a bad day so far! It is my time of the month, but I am never ever this bad! This weekend the hubby has been out of action with a bad back, I have had a pain in my back also and major cramps. My brother has been here since Saturday. I left my son and daughter a little to their own devices on and off over the weekend and as both my hubby and I haven't been well. I slept on this morning and when I got down to the kitchen and living rooms the kids and my Brother were playing monopoly and ignoring the new puppies and there was poo and pee everywhere. I went out to get some breakfast and the kitchen was unreal! Dirty things Every where, not a clean plate or bowl any where, dirty tins of beans etc just lying around. Dirty kitchen paper and empty packets all over the place, Not one clean space any where on the counters and we have a large kitchen! Both sinks full of dirty stuff, even the draining board covered in dirty pots etc! Needless to say, I went nuts!
I lost it. My kids are 9 and 10, I know they are young but my brother is in his 30's, not one of them picked up after themselves. I did some shouting and got them to help me to tidy up. My brother tried to help by filling the grill pan up with water, but he was staring into space and flooded the sink and counters, so I yelled at him to stop. I said I know you are trying to help but please don't. I am not normally this mean! :schluchz: I even made my brother cry! :smilie_tra_012: I felt so guilty! I am not noramlly like this on my totm. I did say sorry to my brother a couple of times and explained that I wasn't well and the mess freaked me out. I feel so mean! :schluchz: I have probably put him off visiting us! :feeling_blue2_cut:

Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:31 am
Profile   Personal Album
Minister of Propaganda

Post Re: I blew up!
:(

*hug*

"When I die, they will put my body in a box and dispose of it in the cold ground. And in all the million ages to come, I will never breathe, or laugh, or twitch again. So won't you run and play with me here among the teeming mass of humanity? The universe has spared us this moment."

Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:35 am
Profile YIM

forking gutted I missed it!!

To be fair though... Probably better that F-Bomb let loose than if I had done it.

Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:57 am
Minister of Propaganda

why, I am a Banana, is it your time of the month too? :mouse:

sorry, too tempting :p

"When I die, they will put my body in a box and dispose of it in the cold ground. And in all the million ages to come, I will never breathe, or laugh, or twitch again. So won't you run and play with me here among the teeming mass of humanity? The universe has spared us this moment."

Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:59 am
Profile YIM
Site Admin

Highscores: 9
F-Bomb, ever think that if you DID go off once in a while like this people would take you a little more seriously and respect you a bit more? Sounds like you shook things up. GOOD! There really isnt much of an excuse for ignoring the things they did. It doesnt take much to throw away your trash or rinse a plate ... let ALONE cleaning up after puppies! I mean who just leaves poop lyin about?? I'd have throttled your brother personally and based on what hatch said I think he'd have been right there with me. So comparatively, considering the state of things, I think everyone got off rather forkin light....

Listen here sonny, there aint no disaster.
There aint no shame in bein' beaten by a master!
~ Johnny Lang - Rack 'em up

Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:12 pm
Profile   Personal Album
Global Moderator

I know you are right. I just felt bad as my brother is a big softy, runs in my side of the family from my mothers side!! :bb: I have been doing a lot of thinking over the last few months and I think that the fact that I hold back on putting people in their places and always put other's feeling before my own is one of the reasons I got so unhealthy. I was an emotional eater. With out going into too much detail, a lot of my weight problem was down to a lot of self loathing and taking everything out on myself instead of others and believing that everyone else were better than me. Trying to be nice all the time no matter what, just so I would be deserve to be liked, or considered! I was just used and walked on and taken for granted by people! The way I was going I just assumed and accepted that I would be dead in a few years! Over the last year I have started to mend my life I am beginning to get some self belief back!

Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:52 pm
Profile   Personal Album
Minister of Propaganda

bottling things inside = BAD!!!

you either end up destroying yourself, or you start destroying others. better to find as many ways to release all the inner shit as possible, even if that means having to impose your will over others.

Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:20 pm
Profile YIM

*hugs* As much as I love said brother, he can be quite frustrating at times. Wouldn't worry about him being upset, he cries watching soap operas ffs!

Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:09 pm
Global Moderator

Thank you Paul! :hug:

Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:56 am
Profile   Personal Album
Site Admin

Unreasonable behaviour deserves a strong reaction. If more people spoke up about stuff like that the country wouldn't be in such a state (like almost nobody complains when someone jumps ahead of them in a queue, when what they should really be doing is breaking bits.)

The dishes, I can't say anything, I tend to put a few in the sink, and deal with them later (I hate having stuff on my hands, including water, so I prefer to do a few at a time so I only get wet once. Weird childhood issue.) But having poo and pee around the place, with two young children, that's just irresponsible, something my brother would do. At least my mother puts a cloth over the puddles and tissue over the resst, even if she doesn't do anything else.

Bottling things up always leads to an explosion (it's kinda how those things work), but now you've done it once, maybe they'll be wary of encouraging it to happen again. You may not even have to shout again, just ask them to do it and if they don't give them a single warning like "don't make me raise my voice." If you're lucky that still means something in your house (my mother's voice is always raised so it didn't really work for us lol) and they'll take the hint.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:55 pm

Aw F-Bomb *hugs*

I totally think you should kick ass more often! I hate mess, it drives me barmy... if you make a dirty dish, WASH IT FFS!
I get annoyed with the mister coz he leaves like one or two things in the sink hehe poor bugger, but yeah, i mean what you came down to was just plain disrespectful... I'm damn sure I wouldnt treat someone elses house like that, even if it was my sibling, and I'm sure you've brought your kids up to know better... Here's hoping everyone has learned a lesson here, and you dont have to shout anymore... but honestly, don't feel bad about it, you had every right to, and lady, i hear you with the time of the month thing.l.. SHEEEEEESH so more hugs your way!

It's your house, and you are the boss, so if you gotta, you shout!!!!

:-)

It is no measure of good health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society

Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:28 am
Global Moderator

Thank you guys! :heart:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:07 pm
Profile   Personal Album
Site Admin

I think Denis Leary put it best when he said "I'm not gonna hit my kids. I find waving the gun around gets the job done just fine." :D

Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:18 pm

Oh how I look forward to having children with you!!! LOL

How you feeling about it all now F-Bomb?

It is no measure of good health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society

Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:58 am
Global Moderator

I like that gun idea Dan! :fooli025: :fooli052:
I feel a lot better now. I know I was right to give out and I was mainly giving out to the kids. I only told my brother to stop helping when he flooded the sink and counter as he was staring into space, :fooli135: other wise I would have said nothing to him. I tried to even say it as polite as I could saying " I know that you are only trying to help, :c009: but please don't!', :stop2: It still upset him! I am not a clean freak by any means as if and when you come to visit you will see! :fooli127: Just that I was cleaning after anything I was using to cook and eat with etc but when I got down the next day everything was dirty, every plate, bowl, fork, spoon, pots, etc! Both sinks and draining boards were full of dirty things. I know I have low standards but not THAT low! :fooli053: Then with the poo and pee everywhere, that was enough to make me snap! :kopfschmerz1:

Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:02 am
Profile   Personal Album