It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:05 pm  

forking INSOMNIA 
AuthorMessage
Minister of Propaganda

Post Re: forking INSOMNIA
Winnie's a punk wrote:
Yep...knowing isn't the same as making it go away though.

I know perfectly well that being pissed off is going to agitate my adrenal glands some more. Still pissed off.

and, much as i would like to help, there is nothing i can do about it, so i resort to small talk to at least try to take your mind off the issue as much as possible. i know perfectly well that knowing does not prevent biochemistry from working its shit anyway.

"When I die, they will put my body in a box and dispose of it in the cold ground. And in all the million ages to come, I will never breathe, or laugh, or twitch again. So won't you run and play with me here among the teeming mass of humanity? The universe has spared us this moment."

Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:27 am
Profile YIM
The Queen of Poo

Cheeky Monkey wrote:
Winnie's a punk wrote:
Yep...knowing isn't the same as making it go away though.

I know perfectly well that being pissed off is going to agitate my adrenal glands some more. Still pissed off.

and, much as i would like to help, there is nothing i can do about it, so i resort to small talk to at least try to take your mind off the issue as much as possible. i know perfectly well that knowing does not prevent biochemistry from working its shit anyway.

Yeah...Let's talk about poo instead :D

Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:29 am
Minister of Propaganda

i feel a disturdance in the poop...

IT'S THREAD DERAIL TIME!!!

"When I die, they will put my body in a box and dispose of it in the cold ground. And in all the million ages to come, I will never breathe, or laugh, or twitch again. So won't you run and play with me here among the teeming mass of humanity? The universe has spared us this moment."

Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:30 am
Profile YIM
The Queen of Poo

POO

Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:36 am
Minister of Propaganda

POOP

Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:39 am
Profile YIM

I don't know what to say, really. There's not a lot I can do to help, but understand that I would if I could. The standard 'sleep hygeine' advice from the NHS isn't very helpful, quite frankly. I go on the internet because I can't sleep, not the other way around. I've tried drinking myself into a coma a couple of times, and all I can say is that I don't recommend it. Puking is not going to help the situation.
My theory is it's a hang-over from my school days, when I would stay awake all night because I didn't want to go to school and have to fight people or get beaten up. True story.

Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:53 am
Profile   Personal Album
The Queen of Poo

Knight_Errant wrote:
I don't know what to say, really. There's not a lot I can do to help, but understand that I would if I could. The standard 'sleep hygeine' advice from the NHS isn't very helpful, quite frankly. I go on the internet because I can't sleep, not the other way around. I've tried drinking myself into a coma a couple of times, and all I can say is that I don't recommend it. Puking is not going to help the situation.
My theory is it's a hang-over from my school days, when I would stay awake all night because I didn't want to go to school and have to fight people or get beaten up. True story.

My own is purely from adrenaline dumps.

I'm going to try and fix it with magnesium tablets first. Low magnesium can cause your adrenaline to go too high, and I notice two things that I think MIGHT be correlated:

1. I had Mg tablets but stopped taking them because they tasted so gross I literally retched

2. I have had a lot more attacks since I stopped taking them. Several of them during a month is not normal for me. And that isn't counting the ones that I didn't even think of as 'attacks' because I had them during the day and used them as lifting fuel.

I wonder if the adrenal issue I had when I was 17 was just low magnesium...

Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:00 pm

it's worth a punt, I suppose. Do you often get cramps in your muscles? that can be associated with mineral deficiency.

Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:19 pm
Profile   Personal Album
The Queen of Poo

Knight_Errant wrote:
it's worth a punt, I suppose. Do you often get cramps in your muscles? that can be associated with mineral deficiency.

Yep. My right hamstring cramps up sometimes...

Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:23 pm