It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:05 pm  

forking INSOMNIA 
AuthorMessage
The Queen of Poo

Post forking INSOMNIA
fork this SHIT. I will make this forking body go to sleep if I have to kill it to make it happen. I don't care.

It's 4am. Opiate overdose or a DIY adrenalectomy with my lock knife are starting to seem like appropriate solutions.

And I'm sick on top of insomnia. Fun.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:00 pm
Minister of Propaganda

Post Re: forking INSOMNIA
the adrenalectomy might just wake you up more due to the pain (and give you an adrenal spike on top of that). not a good idea, IMO.

"When I die, they will put my body in a box and dispose of it in the cold ground. And in all the million ages to come, I will never breathe, or laugh, or twitch again. So won't you run and play with me here among the teeming mass of humanity? The universe has spared us this moment."

Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:13 pm
Profile YIM
The Queen of Poo

Cheeky Monkey wrote:
the adrenalectomy might just wake you up more due to the pain (and give you an adrenal spike on top of that). not a good idea, IMO.

DUH I'm not actually suicidal, although I sure feel that way when it's 6am and I'm listening to my pulse making shitty techno music in my ears...

Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:33 am
Minister of Propaganda

Winnie's a punk wrote:
Cheeky Monkey wrote:

DUH I'm not actually suicidal, although I sure feel that way when it's 6am and I'm listening to my pulse making shitty techno music in my ears...

i know you're not suicidal. you have told me as much in the past. i was simply making an idle attempt to keep your mind off the insomnia, although you went away just as i was posting it.

"When I die, they will put my body in a box and dispose of it in the cold ground. And in all the million ages to come, I will never breathe, or laugh, or twitch again. So won't you run and play with me here among the teeming mass of humanity? The universe has spared us this moment."

Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:48 am
Profile YIM
The Queen of Poo

Cheeky Monkey wrote:
Winnie's a punk wrote:

i know you're not suicidal. you have told me as much in the past. i was simply making an idle attempt to keep your mind off the insomnia, although you went away just as i was posting it.

LOL!

I got about 3/4 hours sleep.

Still hear my rampaging pulse in my ears.

Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:51 am
Minister of Propaganda

Winnie's a punk wrote:
Cheeky Monkey wrote:

LOL!

hey, at least it's something.

why does your pulse do that, anyway? that's one hell of a potent set of cardiac muscle you got there :p

Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:53 am
Profile YIM
Minister of Propaganda

also, goto nightclub, charge people for dancing to the rhythm of your uber-loud pulse, make shittons of money

Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:54 am
Profile YIM
The Queen of Poo

Cheeky Monkey wrote:
Winnie's a punk wrote:

LOL!

why does your pulse do that, anyway? that's one hell of a potent set of cardiac muscle you got there :p

Because I'm dumping adrenaline.

Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:00 am
Minister of Propaganda

Winnie's a punk wrote:
Cheeky Monkey wrote:

ah. tried the SMR thing? that seemed to work before.

Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:01 am
Profile YIM
The Queen of Poo

Cheeky Monkey wrote:
Winnie's a punk wrote:

ah. tried the SMR thing? that seemed to work before.

Zero effect. Also tried taking some Nurofen (normal Nurofen, with the codeine) to try and make myself drowsy. Zero effect.

Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:05 am
The Queen of Poo

I'll take some magnesium tablets on the off chance I'm suffering from magnesium deficiency, which can mess with the adrenals. I should take them anyway, but the only ones I could get taste so disgusting they literally make you retch even if you pinch your nose shut while taking them, so I often don't bother.

Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:06 am
Minister of Propaganda

ouch!

well, good luck then, i guess...

Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:07 am
Profile YIM
The Queen of Poo

Cheeky Monkey wrote:
ouch!

Thanks.

Would help if I didn't react to it by feeling angry. It seems like just another form of powerlessness. I'm 56kg, female, weak, and I don't even get a say in whether or not I sleep. Or whether I dump adrenaline uncontrollably at random times.

Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:11 am
Minister of Propaganda

Winnie's a punk wrote:
Cheeky Monkey wrote:
ouch!

Thanks.

Would help if I didn't react to it by feeling angry. It seems like just another form of powerlessness. I'm 56kg, female, weak, and I don't even get a say in whether or not I sleep. Or whether I dump adrenaline uncontrollably at random times.

well, cheesy folk wisdom won't solve your issue, but knowing IS what leads to understanding, which can then lead to control, so at least by stating that you should not be angry, you have a better chance than most to control it in the future (not that it's easy, though... emotions are poop). powerlessness is a bitch to deal with, so at least on that i can empathize, for what little it's worth.

Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:16 am
Profile YIM
The Queen of Poo

Cheeky Monkey wrote:
Winnie's a punk wrote:

Thanks.

well, cheesy folk wisdom won't solve your issue, but knowing IS what leads to understanding, which can then lead to control, so at least by stating that you should not be angry, you have a better chance than most to control it in the future (not that it's easy, though... emotions are poop). powerlessness is a bitch to deal with, so at least on that i can empathize, for what little it's worth.

Yep...knowing isn't the same as making it go away though.

I know perfectly well that being pissed off is going to agitate my adrenal glands some more. Still pissed off.

Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:24 am