It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:09 pm  

motherfucking insomnia 
AuthorMessage
The Queen of Poo

Post motherfucking insomnia
I have had 4 hours sleep, and I am forking exhausted AND wired. Taking a nap didn't work, just lay there for like 2 hours occasionally managing some hypnagogic hallucinations but no actual sleep. I fell asleep for 15 mins and the forking phone rang, then I failed to get back to sleep. Taking a long walk in the intense cold didn't work either. I feel like either a) crying or b) taking my lock knife and cutting out my adrenal glands. I'm not managing to cry...membranes in eyes and mouth are dry...

Sorry for the flat out rant, I just feel like a big pile of poop.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:51 am
Global Moderator

Highscores: 1
Post Re: motherfucking insomnia
The level of suckiness is high on this, hope that you can eventually get some rest and feel better.

Cheeky Monkey wrote:
i have recently become two hamburgers

"Guns!"

Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:20 pm
Profile Visit website
Global Moderator

I have never suffered from this, but it sounds horrible! Hope you can get some good sleep soon!

Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:48 pm
Profile   Personal Album

Talk to your doctor- seriously. I talked to mine, and he gave me sleeping pills :)

Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:24 pm
Profile   Personal Album
Global Moderator

Highscores: 1
Sleeping pills are ok, unless they're those types that leave you feeling extra groggy and crappy in the AM.

Cheeky Monkey wrote:
i have recently become two hamburgers

"Guns!"

Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:12 pm
Profile Visit website
Mistress of the Paddle

I have had insomnia for my whole life.
My mind is going a zillion miles and hour while my body is like "WTF are you doing to me...!!!!!!!!!!!"
But no matter how much I do to wear my mind out or take sleeping pills nothing works.
The sleeping pills make me groggy, the mind wearing out thing just makes me frustrated.

The only thing I have found to work is MMJ. Yes I said it. So there. Whata gonna do????? LOL
But in all seriousness, one of the reasons I love living in colorado. Takes care of the insomina, the pain on a daily basis and my PTSD. And...it doesn't put all that crap into my body like Vicodin and oxyconttons do.

Sooo, if you are able, look into it, might help. :d

Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:28 am
Profile   Personal Album

Just in case anyone finds this helpful:

In a lot of insomnia cases, and from what you've said Wolvie, quite likely in yours, excess evening cortisol can be a large contributing problem.

There's been a good amount of anecdotal evidence and some promising scientific evidence for Rhodiola Rosea acting as an adaptogen for cortisol. Very briefly, an adaptogen is a term generally used of a herb or drug which can increase resistance to stress by normalising hormone levels.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19016404
A well-controlled study demonstrating RR causing a reduction in cortisol in individuals suffering from stress-related fatigue.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20378318
A summary of trials. Also confirmation of RR's lack of interaction with other drugs. Implying it could be safer taking it with existing medication.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19568709
A study showing RR and Ginkgo biloba together controlling Cortisol levels. Sadly, the two aren't studied separately so it can't be said for certain that it is the RR having the effect. RR/GB doesn't actually lower cortisol in this study but it does keep it constant after a period of endurance exercise, whereas the control group shows an expected increase.

RR is very easy to get hold of and perfectly legal. If you're in the UK (or Ireland) good suppliers are MyProtein or even highstreet outlets like Boots or Holland and Barrett.

Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:07 am
The Queen of Poo

Thanks Cosmic!!

Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:22 pm
Hawaiian Medic

There are very many factors that can cause/contribute to insomnia from simple nutritional changes or imbalances to hormone problems. If you would like me to do a medical interview to try to assess such things, send me a PM and I will be glad to help. It will also help you know what to say if/when you decide to see a Doctor.

Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:52 pm
Site Admin

Highscores: 9
Squishy Britches wrote:
Sleeping pills are ok, unless they're those types that leave you feeling extra groggy and crappy in the AM.

Mine didnt leave me very groggy as much as they made me incredibly comfy in bed and remarkably irritable about having to leave it.

Listen here sonny, there aint no disaster.
There aint no shame in bein' beaten by a master!
~ Johnny Lang - Rack 'em up

Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:06 pm
Profile   Personal Album

That's exactly what's happening to me at the moment. But if I don't take them, I pretty much stay awake for days until the point where I need antipsychotics.

Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:46 pm
Profile   Personal Album

Havent suffered from insomnia for a long long time... but oh wait... here I am, outside of my sleeping pattern, about ready to tear my face off because I'm so tired but unable to sleep because my brain wants to misbehave.... :-P how fun!!!

It is no measure of good health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society

Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:35 pm

Oooh, this thread again! I'm just off to bed in a minute, but just to add some quick n=1 anecdotal evidence: I've started taking MyProtein's ZMA equivalent recently - I had issues with suspected magnesium deficiency which it appears to have cured. One pleasant side effect of this is far more restful sleep. I've even been waking up slightly earlier than usual and feeling *more* rested, not less.

If anyone wants more info and Google isn't being co-operative, shout and I'll post up a link to the product I've been taking. Although any good ZMA equivalent should do the trick.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:54 pm
Site Admin

Hello all, I'd like to introduce you to a friend called 5fuckingAM. Arses. Oh well, said I'd be up in time to sort the bins out, guess I'd best get to it......... *continues reading Blabber*

Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:12 am

Girlfriend takes valerian root tablets before sleep, says they work great http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valerian_%28herb%29

Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:48 pm