It is currently Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:55 pm  

Some people have NO FRIGGIN PRIDE.... 
AuthorMessage
Site Admin

Highscores: 9
Post Some people have NO FRIGGIN PRIDE....
I tossed this here simply cause I was too lazy to put it somewhere else. Tonight we got a call from Lexi. Let me stress for our newcomers, Lexi is my stepdaugher who, back in december tried to stab me and unleashed on me a torent of hatred the likes of which no parent has ever seen to my knowledge. She moved to her fathers hard upon said incident and has had only the scantest interaction with us since.... Let me expand on that. By interaction what I mean is she calls us everytime her and her dad have a row and she's sobbing hysterically. I have yet to figure out what she wants us to do as she lives THERE full time and therefore lives under his rules. Yet it doesnt stop her from calling and bringing my wife to tears.

She also calls to ask us for money or to pay for things. It seems we're not good enough to live with yet we're still acceptable to be the financial force behind the "Lexi show"... Which gets me SOOO ANGRY as it feels as though she's trying to play us. I dont tolerate that well.

Today she called asking if WE would pay for her to participate in Cheerleading at school. Let me explain my anger at this. She's been at her dads for 4 months. During that time she STOLE HIS CAR and CRASHED IT, got caught with boys in the house while she thought her dad was at work, has been busted with cigarettes/smoking and has placed her little sisters in harms way numerous times by meeting strange boys at the park as well as violated her cell phone curfew. Also the one time she was here she got into an altercation in the streets with a girl she knew before she left. She doesnt DESERVE to participate in ANYTHING other than a prison program.

Maybe if her REAL dad made more than $10 an hour renting TUXEDOs he wouldnt so BROKE that he would tell his child "well, if you're mom and Mike dont help you cant do it"... Really, Andre??? Really???

How about you get an ouce of forkin pride, get a REAL job, stop making your wife work 15 hours a day for a few bucks an hour while you sit around planning your evenings at the bar while your DAUGHTER stays home to babysit.... GOD I hate people like that.

Sorry... had to vent....

Listen here sonny, there aint no disaster.
There aint no shame in bein' beaten by a master!
~ Johnny Lang - Rack 'em up

Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:01 pm
Profile   Personal Album
Site Admin

Post Re: Some people have NO FRIGGIN PRIDE....
As someone who can't find a job at the moment I can't judge the dad for not having a better job. As for Lexi I'm baffled as to why you stay on the phone long enough to find out what she wants.. Perhaps you're more forgiving than me but from what little I've heard of her from you, in my books it's acceptable for you to ignore her existence completely until she shows up all Sandra Dee. Pre-smoker Sandra Dee, obviously.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:14 pm
Minister of Propaganda

what he said. just tell her to fork off and hang the phone.

"When I die, they will put my body in a box and dispose of it in the cold ground. And in all the million ages to come, I will never breathe, or laugh, or twitch again. So won't you run and play with me here among the teeming mass of humanity? The universe has spared us this moment."

Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:31 pm
Profile YIM
Site Admin

Sexypants McGee wrote:
As someone who can't find a job at the moment I can't judge the dad for not having a better job. As for Lexi I'm baffled as to why you stay on the phone long enough to find out what she wants.. Perhaps you're more forgiving than me but from what little I've heard of her from you, in my books it's acceptable for you to ignore her existence completely until she shows up all Sandra Dee. Pre-smoker Sandra Dee, obviously.

LMAO - if it was up to ME, brother, I'd hang up as soon as I heard her voice but Jen needs to talk to her so I sit by and TRY to bite my tongue.... TRY, lol...

It wouldnt be so bad if he couldnt find A job... he just chooses NOT to find a BETTER one and there in lies my grievence. You cant find one, I'm cool with that. He COULD if he CHOSE to but yet decides not to and and simply bitches about how poor he is and THEN extends his hand to ME looking for my cash. I think NOT, homie!

Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:00 am
Profile   Personal Album
Site Admin

I get you. Used to know a guy with a university degree who worked in Tesco (supermarket chain like Walmart), didn't exactly apply himself to life. Again not something I'm free to comment on :$

Maybe you should tell Lexi to WRITE to her mother. That way she might choose her words more carefully, between having to actually write, and having to buy stamps and stuff. It would also remove you from the equation lol.

Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:07 am
Global Moderator

I like that letter idea! :)

Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:22 am
Profile   Personal Album
Site Admin

Sexypants McGee wrote:
I get you. Used to know a guy with a university degree who worked in Tesco (supermarket chain like Walmart), didn't exactly apply himself to life. Again not something I'm free to comment on :$

Maybe you should tell Lexi to WRITE to her mother. That way she might choose her words more carefully, between having to actually write, and having to buy stamps and stuff. It would also remove you from the equation lol.

Damn son... you need your own talk show cause THAT is BRILLIANT!

Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:42 am
Profile   Personal Album
Hawaiian Medic

I'd tell her that I'd help her pay for it in a way that is commensurate with her attitude and actions. Then literally send her $0.02. But I don't know if she's bright enough to understand the meaning of that lol

Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:12 pm

I think is definitely a good topic for me to chime in on. Yep, all of what Mike said is true, the circumstance leading up to her going to live by her fathers is all true, much to my dismay.

For quite awhile after she left her and I did not speak, lots of hard feelings on both sides. She thought that because she was my daughter I needed to support her, no matter what. Well, that is NOT the case.

However, I will cut to the chase and get to the points Mike has addressed here. Yep, she calls when she wants to come out here to see her friends, not me, but friends and then me.

This latest cheerleading thing has been a huge issue for the last week or so. First, she was failing and has failed a class. Which when she lived here she had to have Bs or better to even be on cheerleading. And she did, almost all As in honors classes. By her fathers she is nowhere near that. So, I had told her father when this initially came up that by no means should she cheer, just given all that has happened, forgetting the grades for a moment. We were in agreement. But over the last week I have had at least six different conversations with the both of them about this. Only because he needs my $$$ to help. The last I said was 'no' two days ago and I looked on her FB page and sure as shit, she tried out for cheer. He said that she couldn't do it unless we helped pay, I said no .. well, now it is on her father.

Cheer is a huge committment, she won't be able to work over the summer, so no car and she's turning 16 .. etc etc ... don't call me when it backfires and sure as hell don't ask me for money .. I SAID NO!!!!!

Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:50 pm

Fair play to you Jen, you've got principles and you're not afraid to stick to them.

It can't be an easy position to be in and I don't envy you but you're doing pretty much what I'd do in the same situation (minus the bloodshed).

Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:02 am

I really admire you guys. Thats one hell of a situation to be in, but she certainly does have to learn for herself. Saying no was no doubt hard, but it's definately the right thing to do :)

I hope things get easier for you both.

It's weird to see the other side of the situation... my mother and I dont get on, but I never call her, and she never calls me. If we do speak, she usually throws money at me (not literally of course) as a way of showing love.... *Shrug* Money doesnt equal love... I hope your daughter learns that.

It is no measure of good health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society

Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:41 am
Site Admin

Candyfluff wrote:
I really admire you guys. Thats one hell of a situation to be in, but she certainly does have to learn for herself. Saying no was no doubt hard, but it's definately the right thing to do :)

I hope things get easier for you both.

It's weird to see the other side of the situation... my mother and I dont get on, but I never call her, and she never calls me. If we do speak, she usually throws money at me (not literally of course) as a way of showing love.... *Shrug* Money doesnt equal love... I hope your daughter learns that.

Well, it does if thats the only way you know how to show you care. In my family, my father was a straight up son of a bitch when I was younger because he was a hard man. Quick to punish, slow to forgive. But he always made sure we had food. LOTS of food. And as I grew I realized that it was through food and making sure we never went hungry like HE did as a kid that he tried to show his love.

Being affectionate and vocal about feelings is very hard for some. I have trouble with it even now. I tend to show it by actions rather than through words. I found I used to do the same thing to Lexi that my dad did to me. Rather than drown her in "I love yous" which she probably wouldnt have responded to anyway I would try to feed her and care for her needs as best I could.

By offering you money your mom might be trying to show that she cares the only way she knows how. If you two ARE estranged and not very close then to her throwing out an "I love you" and a big fat hug might seem so far over the top that it would no doubt flop. Plus it places the person saying and doing that in a VERY vulnerable place, one many dont care to be in if they think it will come back to bite them.

Just because someone doesnt love you the way you need to be loved doesnt mean they dont love you with all they have.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:29 am
Profile   Personal Album

Of course, I understand what you are saying, and I'm not saying she doesn't love me. This is a little close to home and sensitive for me to talk about here, but I do understand what you are saying, and absolutely see the other side of the argument. I don't throw it back in her face, and do acknowledge her and her way of showing love, what I'm saying is, it's not ideal. Then again, what is!!! :) Everyone is different, and to other people, it may seem like a good deal.

Parenting no doubt works different for everyone.

It is no measure of good health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society

Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:58 am
Minister of Propaganda

on a lighter note, stolen from FB:

"So the cheerleader says to her teacher "Give me an A!!!" Uh... ZING. Yeah."

mikey at least might find it amusing :p

"When I die, they will put my body in a box and dispose of it in the cold ground. And in all the million ages to come, I will never breathe, or laugh, or twitch again. So won't you run and play with me here among the teeming mass of humanity? The universe has spared us this moment."

Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:22 pm
Profile YIM