It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:08 pm  

AM Cardo. 
AuthorMessage

Post AM Cardo.
I have been doing some readying and thinking (I know, dangerous) I was thinking after fasting for 9 or 10 hours at night with my last meal being around 6 or 7 pm then in bed by 9 pm up at 5 am so that gives me a long time of no food or glycogen. So when I wake up in the morning my body's glycogen should be very low and that would be the best time for me to go to the gym and do cardo?

Being I have not put any new food in my body would that make my body more prone to use what it has stored for energy? I'm trying to find more ways to get lean fast without cutting corners.

In Life I Fail and Fail again that;s why I Succeed.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:50 am

Post Re: AM Cardo.
Just purely from what I've read, doesn't it tend to be the other way around? Like, if you don't eat then your body goes into 'starvation mode' and tries to hang on to whatever fat it's got?

Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:46 am
Profile   Personal Album
Hawaiian Medic

Post Re: AM Cardo.
It doesn't work that way. All the "science" that's been used for years in bodybuilding in relation to nutrient timing has for the most part been disproved. If your goal is to work out with depleted glycogen stores, you would need to limit or eliminate carbohydrate intake for a few days and do a depletion workout. This would kill your energy levels and you'll feel different when you train.

The whole "starvation mode" theory is correct, but most people just don't realize how long it would take. It would take more than 24 hours (36 in most cases) of not eating anything for that to occur.

When your body starts to burn its fat stores for energy, it's called ketosis and is the basis for low or no carb diets aka ketogenic diets.

It also seems that you're trying to do an "intermittent fast" which actually helps some people control their portions when they eat, and helps some with energy levels throughout the day. Timing can vary from 10-20 hours per day of not eating.

If you want a short cut diet that works, look into the protein-sparing modified fast. Layne Norton has a book (you can download it for free from torrents) called the Rapid Fat Loss handbook and it has a good layout of a PSMF. I suggest you read it as it already has a lot of the research done for you. Don't buy into his sh*t about transferring to one of his other diets afterward (it's a ploy to get you to get his other books). You do need to transition back to your regular diet though.

But if don't want to change your diet and just want to work out more to lose weight, timing in relation to your workout/cardio only matters in terms of the energy that it gives you depending on what you eat. Sugar makes kids hyper, and can also give a short term boost of energy for your workout. Whenever you think you would have the most energy and would feel the most dedicated to your training is when you should do it

Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:39 pm