It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:09 pm  

Fresh Start routeen 
AuthorMessage
Site Admin

Highscores: 9
Post Re: Fresh Start routeen
knight55387 wrote:
Well I'm no expert but I'd say you were closer to 7% than 8% in the pic you posted. I remember when you posted that shot on TFF, you looked real good. You will be well on your way back to that in no time flat. I think it will blow your mind how fast your body will readapt to that familier "stimulation" it has locked in it's memory and become the machine you have previously programed into your DNA. Just don't rush it, let it happen on it's own time no matter what that means.

The thing about weight is our mind is the most powerful muscle of all. By using our minds and locking into what our bodies are doing we can manipulate lighter weights to make them feel much heavier. I mix it up with some explosive (but controlled) positives and painfully slow negatives along with using a normal cadance. Sure the days of 2 to 6 reps are history but with the proper mind/muscle focus I can make a light to moderate weight feel awful heavy by the 8th or 10th rep. Then throw in some drop sets or rest pauses and get on to the next movement with no rest. While 1 muscle group is trying to recover for 60 to 90 seconds you are tearing up another group and so on and so forth. The cardiovascular system never gets a break which brings the heat and makes it down right murderous if you want it to be.

Let the 20 somethings lift the flippin gym. They will be looking for you 15 years from now for answers on how to work with their tore up bodies.

GOOD STUFF AL!!

Listen here sonny, there aint no disaster.
There aint no shame in bein' beaten by a master!
~ Johnny Lang - Rack 'em up

Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:59 pm
Profile   Personal Album

I didn't go to the gym today so nothing to post up today. I will be hitting it tomorrow. 90% of all soreness is gone so I'm ready to get back at it.

~R~

In Life I Fail and Fail again that;s why I Succeed.

Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:03 pm
Site Admin

Rajincajun wrote:
I didn't go to the gym today so nothing to post up today. I will be hitting it tomorrow. 90% of all soreness is gone so I'm ready to get back at it.

~R~

Seems like theres a bit of that going around. I havent gotten to it either. So I plan on starting tomorrow with some back and biceps and then following up on thursday with chest and the rest....

Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:53 pm
Profile   Personal Album

Ok Mikey things are going well and I like to believe that I'm a little further than I would of thought. My main issues as of now is stamina. The amount of weight I'm doing is not bad at all and I'm fine with it. With a few more weeks I should be pretty close to where I would like to be with the amount of weight I'm moving.

I'm wanting to do something I have never done before so tell me what you think. With my job I don't have to get up early so I went to the gym this morning and did shoulder and arms and stomach. I want to train twice a day from now on. I want to get a morning workout in and then a after noon workout. What do you think? If I'm going to reach my goal I'm going to have to put in some major time. I'm feeling good and the body is craving it.. I want to do my cardo at night after work and not in the morning.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:29 pm
Site Admin

Rajincajun wrote:
Ok Mikey things are going well and I like to believe that I'm a little further than I would of thought. My main issues as of now is stamina. The amount of weight I'm doing is not bad at all and I'm fine with it. With a few more weeks I should be pretty close to where I would like to be with the amount of weight I'm moving.

I'm wanting to do something I have never done before so tell me what you think. With my job I don't have to get up early so I went to the gym this morning and did shoulder and arms and stomach. I want to train twice a day from now on. I want to get a morning workout in and then a after noon workout. What do you think? If I'm going to reach my goal I'm going to have to put in some major time. I'm feeling good and the body is craving it.. I want to do my cardo at night after work and not in the morning.

I think thats a great idea. Weights in one workout, cardio in the other. dont worry about weight though. Seriously. focus on just mind numbingly painful higher rep sets. It'll give you a hardness and a definition you wont get otherwise. Seriously. Do me one favor? Pick one exercise per bodypart and do 4 sets at a slightly lighter weight without counting AT ALL... just until you absolutely have to stop or else you're gonna cry.... tell me what you think in three weeks?

As for cardio, try to keep duration long, intensity down. At least for now. Lets see how it goes.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:56 pm
Profile   Personal Album

Bigmikey wrote:
Rajincajun wrote:

I think thats a great idea. Weights in one workout, cardio in the other. dont worry about weight though. Seriously. focus on just mind numbingly painful higher rep sets. It'll give you a hardness and a definition you wont get otherwise. Seriously. Do me one favor? Pick one exercise per bodypart and do 4 sets at a slightly lighter weight without counting AT ALL... just until you absolutely have to stop or else you're gonna cry.... tell me what you think in three weeks?

As for cardio, try to keep duration long, intensity down. At least for now. Lets see how it goes.

Ok will do I'll see how that works. My muscle tire quick so I need to get that fixed then I should be rocking from there on.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:25 pm
Site Admin

Rajincajun wrote:
Bigmikey wrote:

Ok will do I'll see how that works. My muscle tire quick so I need to get that fixed then I should be rocking from there on.

This will help with that. The greatest way to get endurance back is to TRAIN for it, lol. This came up in another thread. I am strong. Not crazy strong, but strong enough. Yet, when I go for higher rep workouts I am a giant puss. I peeter out so fast cause my body isnt accustomed to it. You should see what Al does. Maybe we can get knight to post up a workout. I can out lift him but he can out perform me. You find someplace between those two extremes and it's just gonna be SILLY how good you end up looking.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:08 pm
Profile   Personal Album

Bigmikey wrote:
Rajincajun wrote:

This will help with that. The greatest way to get endurance back is to TRAIN for it, lol. This came up in another thread. I am strong. Not crazy strong, but strong enough. Yet, when I go for higher rep workouts I am a giant puss. I peeter out so fast cause my body isnt accustomed to it. You should see what Al does. Maybe we can get knight to post up a workout. I can out lift him but he can out perform me. You find someplace between those two extremes and it's just gonna be SILLY how good you end up looking.

I know for sure I'm going to stick with medium weight and high reps. I wont to have the endurance I use to have years ago when I was running all the time and cycling (bike). Hell I remember before I gut hurt how good my endurance was, getting back to that point would be good and I know I will soon. I'm already noticing my 3rd week how I can now lift and get the reps in I want without being burnt so it's coming along.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:44 am