It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:08 pm  

McHealth Policy 
AuthorMessage

Post McHealth Policy
I wasn't sure whether to put this here or in food. Feel free to move it if it's more appropriate in food.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2010 ... lth-policy

Is there anyone who still believes that the government's food pyramid is something to be taken seriously?

Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:06 pm
The Guru of Guruness

Highscores: 6
Post Re: McHealth Policy
FFS! :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:21 pm
Profile Visit website

I'm going to pretend that stands for Full Fat Steak. :D

What annoys me about a lot of this is that we're told that a food that was introduced into our lives a mere ~10,000 years ago (i.e. grains) is healthy for us. However, something we've been happily chomping on for a good 2,500,000 years (meat) somehow isn't. So Weetabix and Cheerios are good for us, but eggs and steak aren't? Really?

It's amazing how easy people will believe whatever they're told though. I'm slowly, slowly, slowly starting to get through to one of the girls in the office that fat isn't bad for you. Mind you, the new guy looked at me like I was mad when he found out I was a H&F geek that drank gold top milk!

Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:36 pm
The Guru of Guruness

CosmicFish wrote:
I'm going to pretend that stands for Full Fat Steak. :D

What annoys me about a lot of this is that we're told that a food that was introduced into our lives a mere ~10,000 years ago (i.e. grains) is healthy for us. However, something we've been happily chomping on for a good 2,500,000 years (meat) somehow isn't. So Weetabix and Cheerios are good for us, but eggs and steak aren't? Really?

It's amazing how easy people will believe whatever they're told though. I'm slowly, slowly, slowly starting to get through to one of the girls in the office that fat isn't bad for you. Mind you, the new guy looked at me like I was mad when he found out I was a H&F geek that drank gold top milk!

Fortunately there's a world of difference between an H&F geek and an H&F geek that reads the science before Men's Health articles.

Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:40 pm
Profile Visit website

Well this is what comes of privatisation.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:51 am
Profile   Personal Album
The Guru of Guruness

Knight_Errant wrote:
Well this is what comes of privatisation.

I swear on my username I was just saying this to Cosmic during training yesterday, though my particular rant was about privatising sanitary services within hospitals as opposed to the in house team where the cleaners were a part of the hospital team.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:45 pm
Profile Visit website