It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:13 pm  

Dog in danger of being put down - please complain here 
AuthorMessage
The Queen of Poo

Post Dog in danger of being put down - please complain here
For those who don't frequent Facebook:

My friend's (Marguerite Barrier) German Shepherd, Gigi, has been impounded and is facing destruction because 1 woman (Sue Roberts) has made a complaint without physical evidence of any kind to the Contra Costa County Animal Control. This dog is a fixture at our barn and a much beloved animal. Gigi is around strange children and adults everyday, horses, chickens, cats, pigs, etc. and has NEVER offered ANY KIND of even moderately aggressive behavior. She is loving and protective of the children and Marguerite's son, Tristan (age 3), calls her Mama Gigi. This is a wonderful dog and should not be the victim of Sue Robert's neighborhood vendetta. Multiple children and adults have written letters to Contra Costa County's Animal Control extolling Gigi's virtues. Animal Control told them flat out that they wouldn't believe the letters, just Sue Robert's complaints, without any evidence!! Gigi have never bitten, snarled, snapped, or otherwise offered aggression or harm to a human or animal. Please help us save her from an unjust death! Show your support for Gigi by spreading this message and contacting Contra Costa County Animal Control at 925-335-8300 or posting on their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/ccasd. We find out Gigi's trial date tomorrow and I'll post more on that then. Thank you so much and please help me save this wonderful dog and a little boy's best friend.

-Alyssa Rosenbloom

Use my sample message if busy:

Dear Sir/Madam,
I understand that an Alsatian dog named Gigi is facing the possibility of euthanasia based on a complaint by a member of its owner's neighborhood. I would urge you not to put the dog down given that there was no actual physical evidence reported that this dog has in fact attacked any human. This is a hugely disproportionate response given aforementioned lack of physical evidence.

Yours sincerely,

http://www.co.contra-costa.ca.us/forms.aspx?FID=153

Last edited by wolverine on Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:33 pm
Minister of Propaganda

Post Re: Dog in danger of being put down - please complain here
psst... you forgot to list the case information itself

"When I die, they will put my body in a box and dispose of it in the cold ground. And in all the million ages to come, I will never breathe, or laugh, or twitch again. So won't you run and play with me here among the teeming mass of humanity? The universe has spared us this moment."

Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:34 pm
Profile YIM
The Queen of Poo

Cheeky Monkey wrote:
psst... you forgot to list the case information itself

LOL so I did, will edit

Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:46 pm

Poor doggie. You couldn't put a human in prison on the basis of such insubstantial hearsay. And if a guard dog bites a stranger, it's only doing what it's supposed to.

Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:15 am
Profile   Personal Album
Global Moderator

Done! :aok:

Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:05 pm
Profile   Personal Album