It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:50 am  

Lets talk gay guys for a second... 
AuthorMessage
Site Admin

Post Lets talk gay guys for a second...
Lol, that title sounds a bit strange but I think it cuts to the heart of something I discovered yesterday.

I work with two openly gay men, we'll call them Doug and Jeff. Doug is a younger guy, very hip, very intelligent and also very uncaught up in illustrating his sexual perference to everyone that walks by. He's not a fluffer or anything of the sort and, in fact, if I had a son who was anything LIKE Doug I'd be one proud pappa. Doug and I can talk about everything from him taking it in the pooper to the crush he has on a fellow co-worker and it doesnt bother me in the least. I think its because he's so matter of fact about it. Its not a big deal to him, he's not looking for any shock value so therefore it's not a big deal to me, if that makes sense?

Jeff on the other hand.... guy just gives me the heebies and yesterday it got bad. First off, he's your stereotypical gay guy in that he has a lisp, is VERY flamboyant, enjoys speaking in a Southern Belle accent and finds any excuse to do so, and he'll often look me up and down as he talks to me - which I channel my entire being into not noticing because if I allowed myself to I'd have to kick his ass so hard he'd be wearing his buttocks as a hat. He's convinced that everyone is out to get him because he's gay and throws it at everyone like a brick. When THIS guy talks about his little interludes there are always leers and dramatic pauses where he expects you to display some level of shock and when you don't he just spirals further and further into what I feel is simply an attempt to shock you.

Well Jeff's function among other things is to take pictures and videos and from what I hear he's very good at these things. Yesterday as I was walking past his cube on my way out he stops me and says in a VERY LONG WINDED FASHION (ugh, if you can say something in 10 words it takes Jeff 274), *nutshell version* "I was looking at the pictures you have posted on line, and they are NOT enticing. They aren't even pleasing. I could take such photos of you, photos that would make women wet and men burst at the seems. Don't you want that, Mike?" The whole time his eyes are GLUED on my crotch....

Now, I just played it off because I think I was in shock but the more I thought about it the more uncomfortable I became. It's the "in your face" attitude that I have a problem with. I don't care if you put your junk in women or men or animals for that matter... just don't shove it in my face. I don't walk around telling this guy "Yeah, look at the huge jugs on that bitch, man I'd like to slam my dick up inside her so far she'd gag" but he feels he can say that shit to me. Now if I go to HR or if I tell him to stop then I'm desciminating against his sexuality...

I have no trouble with gay men. I truly don't. But the guys like Jeff just make me wonder are they all like that and just hide it better or is he one of a kind?

Listen here sonny, there aint no disaster.
There aint no shame in bein' beaten by a master!
~ Johnny Lang - Rack 'em up

Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:42 am
Profile   Personal Album
Founder

Post Re: Lets talk gay guys for a second...
Bigmikey wrote:
"Yeah, look at the huge jugs on that bitch, man I'd like to slam my dick up inside her so far she'd gag"

Um...... :amen:

No, but seriously... I think it is just them.. I know alot of gay men that aren't like that, unless you are their friend, ya know? Friends talk to friends like that, but coworkers, um...NO!!!!

Maybe you need to muster up enough, "classy words" that they will understand, and tell them you would appreciate NOT hearing about that stuff. Do it in email so its in writing.

Just a thought..

:hug:

Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:49 am
Profile YIM
Site Admin

Funbags McFadden wrote:
Bigmikey wrote:
"Yeah, look at the huge jugs on that bitch, man I'd like to slam my dick up inside her so far she'd gag"

Um...... :amen:

No, but seriously... I think it is just them.. I know alot of gay men that aren't like that, unless you are their friend, ya know? Friends talk to friends like that, but coworkers, um...NO!!!!

Maybe you need to muster up enough, "classy words" that they will understand, and tell them you would appreciate NOT hearing about that stuff. Do it in email so its in writing.

Just a thought..

:hug:

Its just the one, that "jeff" guy. Doug is fine. It doesnt bother me in the least when we talk about stuff like that but that freakin Jeff guy just makes my skin crawl.... *shudder*

Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:57 am
Profile   Personal Album
Minister of Propaganda

report him for sexual harassment?

if he cries homophobia, say you are actually upholding equality

"When I die, they will put my body in a box and dispose of it in the cold ground. And in all the million ages to come, I will never breathe, or laugh, or twitch again. So won't you run and play with me here among the teeming mass of humanity? The universe has spared us this moment."

Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:57 am
Profile YIM
Site Admin

Cheeky Monkey wrote:
if he cries homophobia, say you are actually upholding equality

LMAO!! "It happens to the hetero guys, Jeff. I just want you to feel equal." :toofunny:

Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:59 am
Profile   Personal Album
The Guru of Guruness

Highscores: 6
I suspect it's the same for women when there's a friendly, open guy and an overtly predatorial one. It's nothing to do with sexual orientation, if a woman was ever crazy enough to constantly press on with this kind of thing, trying to shock me and ignoring any signs I'm not interested I'd act the same. There's an element of attention seeking for approval here but mostly it's just that old chestnut of keep trying the same thing and expecting something different.

Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:00 am
Profile Visit website
Site Admin

coma wrote:
I suspect it's the same for women when there's a friendly, open guy and an overtly predatorial one. It's nothing to do with sexual orientation, if a woman was ever crazy enough to constantly press on with this kind of thing, trying to shock me and ignoring any signs I'm not interested I'd act the same. There's an element of attention seeking for approval here but mostly it's just that old chestnut of keep trying the same thing and expecting something different.

I suppose you're right. All I got was the same thing women deal with when men talk to their boobs. I hadn't thought about it that way. Wow... so THATS how that feels?

Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:02 am
Profile   Personal Album

Damn, that's definitely crossing a line. If I did stuff like that to the girls here I'd be out of a job in no time.

On a related note, I once had a gay colleague who I'd chat with a fair bit. There's a fairly evangelical church opposite the main entrance to my workplace and he told me once that he frequently used to get invited to join. His response was always the same; "Sorry, I'm a practising homosexual. And the more I practise, the better I get."

My colleague would have been about halfway between Doug and Jeff, more towards the Doug end of the spectrum.

Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:02 am
Site Admin

CosmicFish wrote:
Damn, that's definitely crossing a line. If I did stuff like that to the girls here I'd be out of a job in no time.

On a related note, I once had a gay colleague who I'd chat with a fair bit. There's a fairly evangelical church opposite the main entrance to my workplace and he told me once that he frequently used to get invited to join. His response was always the same; "Sorry, I'm a practising homosexual. And the more I practise, the better I get."

My colleague would have been about halfway between Doug and Jeff, more towards the Doug end of the spectrum.

I actually LIKE guys like that, that have a sense of humor about it, ya know? Thats how Doug is and I think its that humor that puts me at ease, I dunno. Guys like that crack me up though ... the more I practice, lol!!

Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:10 am
Profile   Personal Album

Bigmikey wrote:
Well Jeff's function among other things is to take pictures and videos and from what I hear he's very good at these things. Yesterday as I was walking past his cube on my way out he stops me and says in a VERY LONG WINDED FASHION (ugh, if you can say something in 10 words it takes Jeff 274), *nutshell version* "I was looking at the pictures you have posted on line, and they are NOT enticing. They aren't even pleasing. I could take such photos of you, photos that would make women wet and men burst at the seems. Don't you want that, Mike?" The whole time his eyes are GLUED on my crotch....

A couple of thoughts....

1. All wives LOVE having budoir pics of their hubbies in provocative poses. Having the pics taken by a dude who stares at your crotch? Hmmm....maybe not so much. You may have to e-mail the celebrities from your "Go For It Honey!!" list and see if they're willing....

2. What are the pics of that he's referring to? :schemin:

Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:32 am
Site Admin

BobParr wrote:
Bigmikey wrote:

A couple of thoughts....

1. All wives LOVE having budoir pics of their hubbies in provocative poses. Having the pics taken by a dude who stares at your crotch? Hmmm....maybe not so much. You may have to e-mail the celebrities from your "Go For It Honey!!" list and see if they're willing....

Ready for this?? The guy checked me out on Facebook. EEwww... its just.... eewww...

Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:34 am
Profile   Personal Album

Bigmikey wrote:
BobParr wrote:

A couple of thoughts....

Ready for this?? The guy checked me out on Facebook. EEwww... its just.... eewww...

Oh, my.... That's uuhhmmmmm....yeah.. Uhhh...stalkerlicious? I just hope your Facebook name isn't "BIG"mikey. A guy could get ideas...

Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:06 pm
Site Admin

BobParr wrote:
Bigmikey wrote:

Oh, my.... That's uuhhmmmmm....yeah.. Uhhh...stalkerlicious? I just hope your Facebook name isn't "BIG"mikey. A guy could get ideas...

the man spoke directly to my CROTCH Bob... he already HAS ideas... lol!! :D :peepee: :weiner:

Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:18 pm
Profile   Personal Album

Bigmikey wrote:
BobParr wrote:

the man spoke directly to my CROTCH Bob... he already HAS ideas... lol!! :D :peepee: :weiner:

Now, now...sometimes a cigar is just a cigar... :rofl:

Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:19 pm

Alright... if there's a "next time" he speaks to your package, tell him "ahem... my eyes are up HERE!" And point to your eyes.

If he strays back to No Man's Land again, tap a finger firmly on the top of his pointy little head and repeat "...UP...HERE!"

Third strike and ask him straight out why he keeps looking at your crotch. Being gay, he may think he's "untouchable" and spout some shite about how it's just so large and magnetic etc, actually believing he's paying you a compliment.

Too bad he's just openly admitted he's got designs on your Man Meat! Might be good to have your phone or a dictaphone recording in a shirt pocket.

Then, feel free to begin sexual harassment charges without fear of reproachment.

Failing all that... baseball bat to the back of the skull usually does the trick
;)

Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:30 am