It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:26 am  

My son is gay story. 
AuthorMessage
Forum Moderator

Post My son is gay story.
http://nerdyapplebottom.com/2010/11/02/my-son-is-gay/

hope you have time to read it. I thought it was a great story of a strong child and mother. My favorite line was "I am not worried that your son will grow up to be an actual ninja so back off."
cracked me up.

Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:09 am
Profile   Personal Album
Site Admin

Post Re: My son is gay story.
That makes me very angry. I'm not sure I could have stayed as cool in my responses as that, and my utmost respect to anyone who can. I would more likely have responded with something witty like "fork you" or the ultimate set up, asked why they were wearing trousers.

As a queer in the course of my seeking a boyfriend I have met a number of transvestites and transsexuals. One friend I supported for years while he fought for and eventually won his right to get a sex change. I still think of her as Jonathan rather than Jennifer, but she's never been happier and she looks pretty good. But having these friends I take onto myself the judgement of others. I've always hated how women can have long orshort hair, wear a dress, skirt, or trousered suit, and nobody gives a rat's, but if a guy so much as wears womens' jeans he's mocked, I was ripped into as a kid coz I had long hair (not five years later, EVERYONE had long hair because it was "cool" by the, but I never had it because it was cool, I wore my hair long because that's how I forking liked it!)

I remember a show on TV years ago called Just Kidding where the presenters basically messed with people, like posing as a statue and then blinking at people, or dressing as an old women and stealing the pennies from a fountain. one time the male presenter walked around town with a skirt. It seemed funny, the looks he got, but later I realised how ugly that could have got. I heard about aguy who last year was beaten to death for holding his wife's purse while she went to the toilet. Straight guy held her purse outside the toilet, some guys saw him and just beat him to death on the spot.

I hope the kid doesn't stop expressing himself that way. He may be right to have been worried, but truly, if everyone was unafraid to do what they felt was right, it would rob parents like Mom A - C of their power. When people stop listening eventually you stop trying to tell them they're wrong. Power to anyone who stands up like that and expresses it. It's great that the love wouldn't change if he was gay. I knew a guy at school whose parents kicked him out when he came out. That's disgusting, he was their SON, but they couldn't see past the GAY. That sort of stuff's gotta stop.

Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:00 pm

Ouch.

Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:41 pm
Profile   Personal Album
Global Moderator

Wow! I don't know how I missed this! That poor child! People are so cruel. They call children cruel? A hell of a lot of "grown ups" are just as cruel! Last year I had a huge argument with our then lodger about blue is for boys and pink is for girls. It started by me saying that all the baby clothes in a lot of the main shops I had been to, had just pink for blue and blue for boys and not any other colour and why does it mean that baby boys can't wear pink and baby girls can't wear blue. He said that it is the way it is meant to be. He was so narrow minded and it drove me mad!

I let my kids be who and what they want to be. Robyn grew up a total tomboy and into a lot of boy toys, she never played with barbie or brats etc. My son played with what ever he wanted too. For many years Robyn never fit in with the girls from her school as she would rather climb trees and play football. Robyn and Brandon have friends who are twins and Robyn plays with the boy twin and Brandon with the girl. They have always teamed up that way, and they are happy!

Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:47 pm
Profile   Personal Album
Site Admin

When I was a kid I saw Santa in school, and after giving him the traditional lapdance I was offered a bag of marbles or a purse. Well i didn't play marbles but we had a ton already at home, so I asked for a purse, coz that's actually useful. He gave me the choice but he gave me marbles anyway because, he said, "that's what boys play with, isn't it?" (oh, if only he knew what I'd grow up to be :p) Even at that age, "boy" behaviour is nailed in.

It's so stupid to try to dictate what your kid will be anyway. once upon a time there was a boy whose cock exploded. Not sure why, they had to operate for some reason I think and it got damaged beyond repair, so they had to take it off. The parents decided to raise him as a girl. His body still rebelled, and hormones demanded he behave like a boy anyway.

If that kid is gonna be gay, he's gonna be gay whether he's given a Barbie doll, a spiky 2 x 4, a kitten and a club, or a vibrating vagina toy. Hell, especially a vagina toy, going by some that I've seen :p

Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:15 pm