It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:39 am  

What defines blabber? 
AuthorMessage

Post What defines blabber?
OK, so me and mikey have been talking about this board, and what we can do to get it active again, get new members through the door and generally liven this place the hell up.
We came to the conclusion that this place needs to have a theme. Mikey isn't really too keen on a lifting theme. But what I think we need to do is sit down and decide what defines 'us' before we go for a full revamp.
Any surviving members feel free to chime in. Just to start the ball rolling, what I see as 'us' is a kind of lifting/heavy music/out there lifestyle kind of thing.
Anyone? What is 'us'? how do we put ourselves out there and attract new people. There must be more wierdos like us out there.

Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:35 pm
Profile   Personal Album
Site Admin

Post Re: What defines blabber?
Knight_Errant wrote:
OK, so me and mikey have been talking about this board, and what we can do to get it active again, get new members through the door and generally liven this place the hell up.
We came to the conclusion that this place needs to have a theme. Mikey isn't really too keen on a lifting theme. But what I think we need to do is sit down and decide what defines 'us' before we go for a full revamp.
Any surviving members feel free to chime in. Just to start the ball rolling, what I see as 'us' is a kind of lifting/heavy music/out there lifestyle kind of thing.
Anyone? What is 'us'? how do we put ourselves out there and attract new people. There must be more wierdos like us out there.

I agree that this group is VERY eclectic. We have a really unique vibe here which is why it seems to repulse rather than attract your average poster.

I see Blabber as a safe haven for sci-fi geeks that crank some heavy tunes, appreciating a good nip o' the bottle or a bit of grub and beyond that just some folks who like to chill. Problem is that doesn't make for exciting posting, lol... So its hard to market, perse...

Thoughts?

Listen here sonny, there aint no disaster.
There aint no shame in bein' beaten by a master!
~ Johnny Lang - Rack 'em up

Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:06 pm
Profile   Personal Album
Global Moderator

To me it is a place to keep in contact with friends and share all our news and things we enjoy. I am afraid I have no other help. I would love for the board to get buzzing again. It would be a nice alternative to face book where people are more inclined to "like" a post rather than comment or discuss things. Facebook has made comunication with others lazy. I tend to just spam Facebook with funnies and not much about the real me.

Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:53 am
Profile   Personal Album
Site Admin

F-Bomb wrote:
To me it is a place to keep in contact with friends and share all our news and things we enjoy. I am afraid I have no other help. I would love for the board to get buzzing again. It would be a nice alternative to face book where people are more inclined to "like" a post rather than comment or discuss things. Facebook has made communication with others lazy. I tend to just spam Facebook with funnies and not much about the real me.

Thats a REALLY good point, F-Bomb. See that you're helpful even when you dont know you are! :D

Listen here sonny, there aint no disaster.
There aint no shame in bein' beaten by a master!
~ Johnny Lang - Rack 'em up

Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:24 am
Profile   Personal Album
Site Admin

The theme is awesomeness and the members all kick ass. So repulse or attract, I think people are intimidated more than anything, because most people fail so hard. I do have AN idea, but I doubt it'd go far to attract new members, and given how infrequently people seem to visit anymore, I doubt it would even amuse us for more than a little while :(

Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:46 am

Oh come on, there's no such thing as a bad idea ;)
well, except that one I had about the leopards with waterwings...

Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:12 pm
Profile   Personal Album
Global Moderator

Mikey, when you say, 'occasional nip on the bottle' does that mean you look down on full blown alcoholism??

Cheeky Monkey wrote:
i have recently become two hamburgers

"Guns!"

Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:15 am
Profile Visit website